How to change location on iPhone easily in 2024
You can find dozens of apps to change your IP address in the Apple App Store. These apps only change your device's location and not the IP address resulting in your device getting banned from using popular apps. This is a serious problem as you are tricking the apps and service providers by faking your location. So, how to change location on iPhone/iPad without getting banned?
The best way to change your location on iPhone/iPad is to use VPN (Virtual Private Network) services which not only change your location but also provide you with a new IP address. In this article, let's see how you can change location on iPhone/iPad.
Change iPhone or iPad location with a VPN:
- Download a VPN app on your device. We recommend NordVPN as it is one of the best on the market.
- Open the app and choose where you want to change your location. You may have to allow the device to create a configuration for the VPN. Tap on Accept if it asks for one.
- Connect to the server on that location.
- Voila! It’s all done. You changed the location of your iPhone/iPad.
Why would you change iPhone or iPad location?
There can be various instances where one might need to change iPhone or iPad location.
- To access the internet anonymously without being tracked by government agencies and apps.
- To access different content libraries from other geographical regions in platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, etc.
- To keep hackers away and avoid cyberattacks.
- To get better deals on shopping and flight tickets available in other countries and regions.
- To get away from government censorship and access the internet without government restrictions.
- To connect to organizational systems securely when working remotely.
5 Best VPNs for iPhone/iPad
- NordVPN - offers double VPN and encrypts your data twice for security.
- Surfshark VPN - has lots of features to block ads, malware, and multi-hop connection for added security. Also, you can log into unlimited devices with your account.
- ExpressVPN - has servers in 105 countries. It provides excellent security with AES-256 encryption and a Threat Manager to block trackers and malicious sites.
- IPVanish - provides IPv6 leak protection and the split tunneling feature to selectively apply VPN connection to apps. Also has a 30-day money-back guarantee in case you didn’t like the service.
- Proton VPN - its iPhone app has a desktop app's functionality and is very easy to use.
How to change iPhone location in 2024 - detailed step-by-step guide
First, select a VPN provider from the above list [We recommend NordVPN as it is easy and offers a lot of security features] and subscribe to their services. Next, follow the below steps to change location on iPhone/iPad.
Step 1: Download and install the iOS app of NordVPN on your iPhone.
Step 2: Open the app and log into your account.
Step 3: Select the server location from the list and click connect. Wait for the connection to establish.
Step 4: After you are connected, your location is changed on your iPhone.
Note: To confirm the location change, visit Google HomePage and scroll down to the bottom; you will see your new location there.
If changing location with a VPN does not work
There can be times when VPNs do not work. Also, Unlike Android, VPNs on iPhones can only trick apps that use IP addresses, not GPS tracking. So what should you do if VPN is not working on your iPhone/iPad?
Below are some reasons you cannot change location with a VPN.
- You didn't properly set the VPN connection on your device.
- Your device's IP address is somehow leaking.
- Cookies & Cache on your browser display your actual location.
- You are using a GPS-based app that needs a GPS spoofer to change location.
- The VPN cannot bypass the geographical restrictions the service or app places.
- Your device is old and not compatible with the VPN.
Solutions you can try to solve the issue.
- Change or upgrade your hardware.
- Use a different browser.
- Change the VPN server.
- Uninstall and reinstall the VPN app.
- Contact customer support for the VPN service. [This is why we recommend NordVPN, as it rarely causes any issues and you do not have to go through the trouble of contacting customer support]
Note: Some apps on App Store are only available in the respective region and may only work if you can download them by changing the region.
Is changing GPS location on iPhone/iPad possible?
Apple is known for its closed ecosystem. The company guards the devices and its customers quite closely. This makes it very hard to do things on Apple that you can do on other platforms or devices, such as Android and Windows.
Changing GPS location on iPhone/iPad is one of those things. Although you can find many apps that claim to change your GPS location, only some are reliable. Some are scammy, while others are directly predatory and ask you for payment.
While few of those apps work, they do require you to jailbreak your iPhone for it to happen. We do not advise our readers to jailbreak their iPhones so that they can change their GPS. Jailbreaking can completely ruin your device and may make it unusable. Instead of trusting these apps and tools, you can simply use a VPN service like NordVPN or find another way of solving your issue.
Does free VPN help change iPhone/iPad location?
VPN services take a lot of resources to start and maintain, which isn't feasible to run for free. These services may be available in a specific organization for a purpose, but you won’t be able to find free VPN services for regular users. However, few VPNs on the App Store claim to be “free to use”.
Although technically free VPNs can change your iPhone/iPad location, they have some strings attached. If you search for free VPNs in the App Store, you will get few results that can work. However, these apps are known to steal customers' data and sell it to third-party companies for marketing purposes. Some have data restrictions where you can only use the VPN for certain data limits. Others may have location limitations where you can only select a few locations that may or may not work for you. So, using a paid VPN service like NordVPN is always better and more secure.
Changing location on iPhone/iPad is simple as many different apps can do that. But doing it securely is the real deal. For this, using a VPN service like NordVPN is the best possible way. VPN service provides you with all the necessary security features, a range of locations to choose from, and a new IP address that can seal your original location and keep you safe. So, after our research, you can select any VPNs we have listed above and use them to access the Netflix library from other regions and secure yourself from hackers, governments, and more.
How do I change my current location on my iPhone?
If you want to change your current location on your iPhone, many apps and services let you do that. VPN services are one of the trusted tools that you can use for this. However, if you want to change the GPS location of your device, there are no secure and trusted tools to do that. However, you can always use NordVPN to change your IP address location.
Can a VPN change your location to a specific location?
Yes, a VPN lets you change your location by choosing specific countries. However, if you want to choose a specific city, you can use NordVPN which offers an extensive list of cities to choose from.
Why is my VPN not changing my location on my iPhone?
If your VPN is not changing your location on your iPhone, the VPN may not work, or you have chosen the wrong server location. Try restarting the VPN and the device or contact the customer support of your VPN provider. You can find more tips here