Change location on Amazon Prime Video with a VPN
If you love watching TV shows, Amazon Prime offers many movies, TV shows, and videos to choose from. Still, the sad news is that its streaming rights and location restrictions might prevent you from accessing its content with a message that reads, “This title is not available in your location.”
But do not worry! Some workarounds, such as using VPN, come in handy to let you bypass geo-restrictions. It helps you spoof your location and make it look like you are connected to another's country internet.
Wondering how to change your country and how to unblock Amazon Prime US content? In this guide, we have explained everything. Let's start off!
How to change country on Amazon Prime quickly
- Download and install the best VPN, such as NordVPN.
- Connect to a US-based or another country server whose library you want to access.
- Log in to your Amazon Prime Video account.
- Click Watch Now and start streaming.
Why would you use a VPN to change the region on Amazon Prime?
Let's begin by taking a look at how Amazon controls its content by country.
Amazon Prime Video implies licensing requirements, geo-blocking its content to many countries. With that said, many users can’t access its diverse library content in the UK, Canada, or Europe, since these libraries are not as large as the US library.
Amazon uses your IP address to determine your location and tailors your library accordingly.
However, if you live outside the US, you can still enjoy the great catalog of TV shows with a good VPN.
You can bypass geo-restrictions with a VPN, such as NordVPN, and watch TV shows anywhere you live. It helps you connect your device to a US-based or any other server which has a library of your choice.
Consequently, Amazon Prime will recognize you as you sign in to Prime Video from there, allowing you to access its vast library of TV shows and movies available in that location. Besides, while traveling, you can watch your favorite shows anywhere abroad with a VPN.
Unblock Amazon Prime US content with a VPN - step by step:
Amazon Prime Video has a great catalog of TV shows. If you can’t access your favorite shows due to geo-restrictions, you need to unblock Amazon Prime with a VPN. We suggest you choose a US-based server, such as NordVPN. Once you connect to a VPN, your Prime Video region is updated instantly.
Windows and macOS
- Get the best VPN, such as NordVPN, and download it to your Mac or Windows device. Ensure to note an activation code for VPN if provided.
- Once you activate VPN, you can choose a country and connect to a server.
- Navigate Amazon’s home page and log in to your Amazon Prime account. Tap on the hamburger icon and click on Prime Video.
- Once your Prime Video is updated according to your VPN server, you can enjoy watching many unblocked movies on Amazon Prime.
Android and iOS
To unblock Amazon Prime Video outside the US on your smartphone, just follow these steps:
- Open the Google Play Store or Apple App Store on your device and start by downloading the VPN and registering your account.
- Pick the US-based server and connect to it.
- Visit Amazon’s website and sign it. From here, you can navigate to Prime Video.
- Enjoy watching unblocked videos in your region.
Change Amazon Prime location on smart TV - step by step:
If you want to change the Amazon Prime location on your Samsung, LG, or any other smart TV, you need to choose the VPN that is compatible with your TV. Installing the VPN directly onto your smart TV is pretty straightforward and lets you access US content without any hassle.
Here is how you can access US content on Android smart TV:
- Open the Google App Store and install the VPN. We recommend NordVPN.
- Search for a US-based server and connect to it after logging in.
- Start watching TV shows and movies since VPN has bypassed geo-restrictions.
If you configure a VPN on your router, all your connected devices, including smart TVs that don’t support VPNs, should be able to bypass the restrictions.
Free VPNs for Amazon Prime Video
Getting a free VPN for Amazon Prime Video is not a good idea. You might find many free services, but they don’t offer a decent video streaming experience due to low speeds, data caps, and struggles with unblocking Amazon Prime.
We do not recommend you get a free VPN for many reasons, including but not limited to the following:
- Amazon can detect a free VPN and stops you from changing your location
- They do not unblock Amazon Prime Video US efficiently
- Offers slow and unreliable VPN connection
- In the free VPN services, a small number of servers are overloaded by many users, and you might even have to join a queue to connect
- Free VPNs are also unreliable regarding privacy and security, making them a poor choice for streaming online
- Many free VPN providers track user activity through cookies and sell it to third parties.
- You'll likely have to watch ads from the VPN provider or advertisers with whom they have deals
Many VPN users consider that free VPNs have improved their device security. But in fact, they may transfer malware and cause security issues like data leaks, etc. Moreover, some of the free VPNs do not encrypt internet traffic, leaving your data at risk.
Using a reliable freemium service saves you from many problems. It can bypass the securities implied by Amazon and provide you with the experience you’re looking for. The best option at the moment is Atlas VPN which has a great free version and a cheap premium plan.
What if VPN does not unblock Amazon Prime US
It might be frustrating when you find Amazon Prime Video is not working even with a VPN. Several reasons lead to this problem. If you receive a message stating that this video/title is unavailable to watch in your location, this can happen due to connectivity or an IP leak.
The major one is using a weak VPN that can not bypass Amazon Prime location restrictions. And you can not watch movies due to geo-restrictions. However, a premium VPN helps you unblock the Amazon Prime content of your choice.
Here's what you need to do to fix this issue:
- Use a strong VPN and connect to a server in your chosen country that Amazon Prime can not ban.
- Some VPN providers leak your IP address. Ensure to check for IP leaks or DNS to watch your geo-restricted content.
- Outdated versions of browsers sometimes stop you from playing a title on Amazon Prime. You can fix this issue by updating your steaming device, browser, and all software.
- Since Amazon Prime Video can not allow more than two simultaneous connections, ensure to check the simultaneous connections and try a VPN for multiple devices.
Watching Amazon Prime Video anywhere is possible if you can spoof your location or use a VPN. While choosing a VPN to change your Amazon Prime Video country, ensure a tool compatible with many devices.
The best VPN for changing your country on Amazon Prime Video is NordVPN which can offer many servers and has a vast library of shows. Also, it helps you unblock Amazon Prime US content anywhere. Hopefully, this article will help you know how to change country on Amazon Prime Videos to watch your favorite shows with your friends and family anywhere.
How do I change my country on Amazon Prime?
You can log in to your Amazon account and navigate the Manage Your Content and Device Settings option. Ensure to provide a real address and phone number for the country where you'd like to access Amazon Prime content. You can also use NordVPN to change your country on Amazon Prime.
Can I use Amazon Prime Video in another country?
Yes, it is possible to use Amazon Prime abroad. However, outside the US, a small number of titles are available to stream. You can use the best VPN, such as NordVPN, that helps you change your IP address.
Can Amazon detect VPNs?
Yes, Amazon is brilliant at detecting VPNs. Even it blocks weak VPNs with very few providers. Better yet, use the best VPN, such as NordVPN, to prevent IP leaks and not let Amazon detect your VPN.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked